Name: CounterPath Bria – Enterprise VoIP Software Client.
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Web Site: http://www.counterpath.com/bria/
Bria 4 is a carrier-grade SIP softphone client that enables you to manage your communications easily from your Mac or Windows laptop. Bria 4 can replace or complement your desk phone, allowing you to make voice and video calls over IP, see if your contacts are available, send messages, and share your screen.
Built on SIP and open standards, Bria is proven interoperable with many of the industry’s standard platforms and devices. It also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users and can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration via the softphone Graphical User Interface (GUI) or by using the provisioning module of CounterPath’s Stretto Platform.
Voice and Video Calling
– Make HD voice and conference calls using SILK HD and Opus voice codecs (among many others)
– View, send and receive high-definition HD video (1280 x 720p) using H.264 and VP8 codecs
– Detachable, full screen video window
– Standard telephony features include single click to call, speakerphone, mute and ability to transfer, 3 way calls, forward and hold calls
– Set display and sound alerts for incoming calls
– Hide your ID for calls
– Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for audio and video calls
– Missed calls indicator
– Support for voicemail with Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
Instant Messaging (IM)
– SIP SIMPLE and XMPP support
– Send instant messages to from your contact list when you see they are online
– Start a single or group chat from the Messages window
– Set Pop-up notification and sound alerts for incoming IMs
– Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for blocking incoming Instant Messages
– Company chat rooms of persistent meeting rooms that users can join or be added to
– Set your presence status so contacts know how and when to get a hold of you best
– Receive or block notification alerts for contacts’ presence status updates
– Establish unique privacy rules for your presence status for individual contacts
Enhanced Contact Management
– Manage, sort and filter up to 3,000 contacts with support for contact avatars
– Synchronize your contacts with Microsoft Outlook® personal address book (Windows only) or Mac Address Book (Mac only)
– Create groups for contacts with the ability to place one contact in several groups
– Set a default contact method for each contact
– Add a contact during a call
– Focused around your address book, Bria’s contact-centric interface gives you more ways to make, receive and manage your calls and IMs
– Navigate contacts, favorites, call history and dial pad with just a click of your mouse
– Scale Bria to different sizes to maximize space on your desktop
Advanced Interoperability and Configuration
– Open standards based
– Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based signaling for all interactive media sessions
– Multiple account integration including local or company directories (LDAP/Active Directory), Microsoft Outlook®, and XMPP (up to 10 accounts)
– High compression codec support
– Zero Touch Configuration of your audio or video devices
Security and Network Traversal
– Advanced security with signaling and media encryption via TLS and SRTP
– Firewall traversal and compliance with the latest standards (ICE, STUN, & TURN)
What’s New in Version 4.6:
・Desktop notifications. Using a USB headset device with your Bria? Receive a notification prompt and manage permissions for when a software download is required from a third-party application.
・Logitech headset device support. Introducing synchronized function control between your Logitech headset and Bria. Mute, hold, answer and hang up calls using Bria or the buttons on your Logitech headset device. Switch between your headset and built-in desktop speaker to access audio and choose where to receive incoming call ring alerts.
・2-in-1 laptop support. Bria now supports Windows-based 2-in-1 laptop devices, providing you with greater flexibility to stay productive while experiencing Bria on the best of both worlds.