Name: Day One
Release Date: November 14, 2016
Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
Developer: Bloom Built Inc
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://dayoneapp.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/day-one/id1055511498?mt=12
With Day One 2.0, we’re proud to provide Day One Sync — a fast, free, and secure service for syncing your data between all your devices. Day One Sync lays the foundation for many new features: a web app, an IFTTT channel, private-key encryption, and more. In tandem with Day One Sync, you can also use iCloud for backups.
“Day One, our favorite way to journal with your Apple devices, just got a huge update. Rebuilt from the ground up, the plethora of features that made Day One so great are still present.” — The Sweet Setup
– All-new user interface
– Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
– Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
– Day One Sync 2.0
– Photo View
– Custom Reminders
– Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
– Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
– Timezone Support
– Multiple Window support
– Single and Dual Pane Modes
– Redesigned PDF export
– Gesture support
“It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some.” — App Store Editor’s Choice
– Automatic metadata (location, weather, motion activity, step count, and music)
– Tags and Stars
– Export to PDF with smart filters
– Share Extension
– Shortcut keys
– Markdown Editor
“The new Day One has a slicker design, a much bigger emphasis on photos, and a handful of new ways to filter your journal to see entries from a certain place or time or from a specific topic.” — Wired Magazine
Day One 2.0: dayoneapp.com/faq2
Day One Sync: dayoneapp.com/sync-faq
What’s New in Version 2.1.2:
– Touch Bar support for new MacBook Pros.
– Improved Command Line Interface (CLI): Support for multiple photos, multiple journals, and lots more.
– Option-Arrow didn’t move cursor between paragraphs.
– Markdown footnotes didn’t work properly.
– Some images in entries showed CSS code.
– Timeline didn’t render line breaks after headers.