Name: iClip – Clipboard Recorder & ClipArt Manager
Release Date: August 29, 2016
Developer: Irradiated Software
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Web Site: http://www.iclipapp.com/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/iclip-clipboard-recorder-clipart/id468369783?mt=12
iClip is the premier multiple clipboard & scrapbook tool that enables you to keep a history of almost anything you copy, instead of only the last thing.
•• Would you like to see iClip in action? Click the Web Site link on the right to see a video. ••
iClip was designed to be accessed as simply as the Mac’s Dock. Just move your cursor to the side of the screen and iClip pops out for instant use.
Get things into and out of iClip with hotkeys, drag & drop, or just 1-click.
Organize your stored clips into multiple sets and have them ready to paste in an instant.
Imagine having common email replies, logos and signatures, code-snippets, and more just a single click or keyboard shortcut away.
Looking for version that is compatible with OS X 10.6.8? Visit the Web Site.
••• Was featured in Apple’s “Staff Picks” in December 2011 •••
What’s New in Version 5.2.2:
• Improved: Text-only Office Word clippings are now better readable in bin previews.
• Fixed: Prevents potential crash when editing clippings.
• Fixed: App Store purchases are again recognized by the non-App Store version.
• Fixed: pre-5.2 iClip versions recognize a running iClip 5.2.2 or later version again and make sure one is quit instead of letting both run simultaneously, potentially losing clippings.
• Scripting fixes and changes:
• Bin preview gets updated after modification by a script.
• Errors get now cleared before next script runs.
• “filter incoming flavors” handler can now set the “preferred UTI of current clipping”.
• “clipping added interactively” handler does not get called for imported and duplicated clippings any more.
Version 5.2.1 (released Aug 23, 2016):
• Improves scrolling speeds when using a mouse wheel or when swiping on a trackpad or a mighty mouse.
• Sideways scrolling works again if the iClip window is placed at the top or bottom of the screen.
• Resolves an issue with Nisus Writer Pro where non-latin (roman) script text would appear as “????” in iClip.
• Fixes a crash that occured on Retina displays if rendering the preview failed (e.g. with images over 16000 pixels high or wide).
• Fixes a crash that occured when using the Copy or Paste hot key, choosing a non-existing bin.
• Fixes a few small display issues around pop-up previews.
Version 5.2 (released Aug 16, 2016):
• Fixes various compatibility issues with OS X 10.11 El Capitan and later.
• Fixes issues with Office 365 (sometimes the wrong data would get pasted back into Office apps).
• Fixes a bug that prevented recording the clipboard from PowerCADD.
• Fixes ignoring Copy operations from recent 1Password versions.
• Fixes issues with dragging images from various apps on OS X El Capitan (such as Preview and Photos).
• Works now with Yoink when dragging files to it.
• Solves synchronization issues with Dropbox, Google Drive and similar file sharing services.
• Customizable with AppleScript.
• Optionally plays sounds when recording or pasting.
We could use your help to make iClip more popular. Would you mind leaving a review for iClip in the App Store?