Release Date: October 13, 2016
Developer: Jakob Egger
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://eggerapps.at/postico
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/postico/id1031280567?mt=12
Postico is a modern database app for your Mac.
Postico is the perfect tool for data entry, analytics, and application development.
– connect to Postgres.app
– connect to PostgreSQL 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6 servers
– connect to cloud services like Heroku Postgres, Amazon Redshift, Amazon RDS
– connect to other RDBMs that use the PostgreSQL protocol, like CockroachDB
Postico is the perfect app for managing your data. It has great tools for data entry. Filter rows that contain a search term, or set up advanced filters with multiple conditions. Quickly view rows from related tables, and save time by editing multiple rows at once.
For analytics workloads, Postico has a powerful query editor with syntax highlighting and many advanced text editing features. Execute multiple queries at once, or execute them one at a time and export results quickly.
For application developers, Postico offers a full featured table designer. Add, rename and remove columns, set default values, and add column constraints (NOT NULL, UNIQUE, CHECK constraints, foreign keys etc.). Document your database by adding comments to every table, view, column, and constraint.
But the best part of Postico is how well it works. Postico is made on a Mac for a Mac. It works great with all your other Mac apps. Use all the usual keyboard shortcuts. Postico gets the basic things like copy/paste just right, and also supports more advanced features like services for text editing.
What’s New in Version 1.0.10:
– The “Open Quickly” now works better across multiple databases. It is also faster, more stable, and has improved ranking of search results.
– Added “Copy JSON” and “Copy HTML Table” commands
– Copy INSERT now includes table schema
– Fixed a number of issues where syntax highlighting did not work as expected.
– Fixed an issue where Postico disconnected from the server after an error occurred when using localised error messages
– Add support for deleting and renaming indices in CockroachDB
– Error messages are no longer duplicated in the SQL Query View
– “Clear Results” command (cmd-K) lets you clear the SQL Query View
– Added a hidden setting to disable restoring the text in the SQL Query View
– Postico now remembers the size & position of the favorites window.
– The bundled version of libpq was updated to version 9.5.4
– Removed bundled libmagic
– Fixed a crash when Postico opens many connections simultaneously (eg. when using the Quick Open command)
– Fixed a crash when displaying error messages on macOS 10.9