Release Date: November 15, 2016
Languages: English, French
Developer: Valentin Bersier
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Activation: Pre-K’ed (Courtesy of Team TNT)
Web Site: http://beeb.li/squeed/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/squeed/id1055310524?mt=12
Squeed is a straightforward, efficient MP3, FLAC, AIFF and M4A metadata (tag) editor with online database support.
• Outputs clean tags: metadata that doesn’t appear in the sidebar is not written to or kept in the file.
• Search on Discogs: search for an album or a track on the leading user-built online discography database and automatically populate metadata with that info, including cover art, all from within the app.
• Batch-process files: select several files at once and edit their tags or rename them in batches.
• Pattern renaming and tag extraction: batch-rename files with any combination of supported metadata or easily extract info from the filename.
• Preview audio inside the box: preview the currently selected audio files with Quick Look.
• Resize cover art: automatically upon adding, or manually on single and multiple files.
• iTunes integration: add files to your library and get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes metadata.
What’s New in Version 1.12.4:
• Modified: new custom toolbar icons (fixes icon sizing problem on Sierra)
• Modified: reset “auto-submit crash reports” preference to “no” for everyone in order to show the reporting popup by default after crash (can be changed in preferences)
• Modified: “tags” buttons next to sidebar fields don’t receive focus when using keyboard to navigate form
• Fixed: “copy” image menu option was enabled even without image displayed
• Fixed: copying an image from one Squeed item to another would produce “different covers”, now keeps the exact same data
• Fixed: some crashes happening when unexpected tag frames are encountered